Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab
Chennai Super Kings would be taking in the inconsistent Kings XI Punjab for the 56th match of the Indian Premier League on Sunday.
WHEN: 20 May, 4:00 pm
WHERE: Maharashtra Cricket Association’s International Stadium, Pune
The pitch of Pune favours the batsmen, but it also gradually starts assisting the spinners as the game progresses.
It would be a warm evening when both the teams take on each other for the last belter of the league stage.
HEAD TO HEAD:
CSK have won: 11
KXIP have won: 6
Chennai Super Kings:
Chennai Super Kings are comfortably seated at the second spot and they have already made it to the playoffs. Although they have lost their last match, they are at a safe position. However, they would like to bounce back from their last defeat and step into the play off with a win.
Kings XI Punjab:
Kings XI Punjab would be desperately wishing for some kind of turn around when they clash with the Chennai Super Kings. They have lost their form and Ashwin-led team is finding it difficult to get back to the winning ways, if they lose tomorrow, all their hopes of making it till the end would be dashed.
- Lungi Ngidi was exceptional in his last outing and is expected to keep his side.
- Chennai Super Kings might think of replacing Sam Billings with Faf du Plessis or David Willey
MS Dhoni, Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Sam Billings, Faf du Plessis/David Willey, Dwayne Bravo, Raindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Lungi Ngidi
- There is no update about the fitness of Mujeeb Ur Rehmaan as of now.
- Marcus Stoinis had a forgetful outing, he might pave way for David Miller.
KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Karun Nair, Aaron Finch, Mayank Agarwal, Yuvraj Singh, David Miller, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Andrew Tye, Mohit Sharma
PLAYERS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- Ambati Rayudu has amassed 585 runs in the tournament thus far.
- Shardul Thakur has 12 scalps to his name.
- KL Rahul is the most prolific batsman for the side.
- Andrew Tye has taken 24 wickets so far in the tournament.
The middle order batting woes still continue to haunt the Kings XI Punjab. Whereas, Chennai Super Kings are having a stellar season and they have already qualified for the playoffs.
Thus, the hosts walk in as favourites.