Chennai Super Kings vs Sunrisers Hyderabad
After some tormenting league stages games, it’s time now to move to the business end of the tournament with the Qualifiers on the cards.
WHEN: 22 May, 7:00 PM
WHERE: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
The red soil of Mumbai has always been a batting friendly one. The batsmen have always enjoyed batting there and some bounce for the fast bowlers is expected
The temperature will be pounding as it is always a hot and humid sight in Mumbai.
HEAD TO HEAD:
CSK have won: 6
SRH have won: 2
Chennai Super Kings:
After finishing the league stage on the second place and winning the last league game, CSK will be high on confidence after knocking out Kings XI Punjab. They will go into this game as a much more confident side.
After being on the top for most of the time, SRH have looked a bit off sorts losing their previous 3 encounters back to back. Their bowling has been their biggest strength but they have been a blunder in the last three games.
- Lungi Ngidi was exceptional in his last outing and is expected to keep his side.
- Chennai Super Kings will definitely go for Shane Watson at the expense of Faf du Plessis or Sam Billings.
MS Dhoni(c), Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Sam Billings,/Faf du Plessis, Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Lungi Ngidi.
- There is no fitness trouble on the side now.
- Carlos Brathwaite might still feature with his bowling aid in place of Alex Hales.
Shikhar Dhawan, Alex Hales, Kane Williamson(C), Manish Pandey, Yusuf Pathan, Shakib Al Hassan, Shreevats Goswami, Rashid Khan, Siddharth Kaul, Sandeep Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
PLAYERS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- Ambati Rayudu has amassed 585 runs in the tournament thus far and will be the pinnacle of CSK’s scoring.
- Deepak Chahar and Lungi Ngidi will be the bowlers on whom CSK will rely.
- Kane Williamson is having a season to remember, his captaincy also has been very impressive.
- Rashid Khan has been the leading wicket-taker for SRH so far with 16 scalps to his name.
The bowling woes for SRH in their last 3 outings have been a cause of concern which they would love to figure out as early as they can. CSK, on the other hand, are looking very impressive and ready to go.
Thus, CSK looks a team to enter the finals first in this year’s IPL.