Delhi Daredevils vs Chennai Super Kings
The defending champions are slowly crawling to climb up the points table and secure a berth in the playoffs. As for Delhi Daredevils, they would look forward to choke the Mumbai Indians and hinder their way to the play-offs.
WHEN: 20 May 2018, 4:00 pm
WHERE: Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi
Feroz Shah Kotla has conventionally acted in favour of the batsmen, this time also the picth would act the same.
It would be a warm evening as the Delhi Daredevils would play its last home match in their home ground.
HEAD TO HEAD:
DD have won: 5
MI have won: 12
Delhi Daredevils are placed at the bottom spot. Although they are out from the race, they can still choke the Mumbai Indians and put an end to their hopes to race of the playoffs.
So, this time even if the Delhi Daredevils manage to win this match, they won’t be going in the playoffs, but they could place an obstacle in their way.
Mumbai Indians have somehow managed to keep themselves alive in the tournament and another win against the Delhi Daredevils would help them secure a place in the playoffs.
They would hope for yet another fairy tale turnaround to make way into the playoffs.
- Delhi Daredevils would not tinker with their winning combination.
- There are no reports of injury in the squad.
Ishan Kishan, Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav, Evin Lewis, Kieron Pollard, Ben Cutting, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Mitchell McClenaghan, Jasprit Bumrah, Mayank Markande
- Mumbai Indians is expected to play the same combination.
Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw, Vijay Shankar, Shreyas Iyer, Glenn Maxwell, Abhishek Sharma, Avesh Khan, Trent Boult, Harshal Patel, Sandeep Lamichhane, Liam Plunkett
PLAYERS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- Rishabh Pant has been the stand-out batsman for the side.
- Trent Boult has taken the maximum number of scalps for the side.
- Suryakumar Yadav is the most consistent batsman for the MI and the only MI batsman to score more than 500 runs in the tournament so far.
- Mayank Markande and Jasprit Bumrah have remained the stand-out batsman for the side.
Mumbai Indians are going strong in the tournament and they came all guns blazing in their last outing. They are expected to repeat some similar feat in this outing as well.