Kolkata Knight Riders vs Rajasthan Royals
Kolkata Knight Riders would be pitted against Rajasthan Royals for the eliminator of the 11th edition of Indian Premier League in Eden Gardens.
WHEN: 23 May, 7:00
WHERE: Eden Gardens
The Eden Gardens pitch has been considered as one of the better conditions for batting whilst assisting spinners, evident from Kolkata Knight Riders strategy of fielding plethora of spinners over the years.
According to reports, there will be heavy rainfall in the afternoon could become a major factor before the start of the play. There will be 51 per cent chance of rain in Kolkata till 1 pm.
HEAD TO HEAD
KKR have won: 7
RR have won: 10
Kolkata Knight Riders are the only team to play at home in the qualifier. And given the kind of atmosphere the Eden has created this term, and in the past, it seems appropriate that KKR would receive huge support from its home crowd.
On Wednesday night, the Eden will be throbbing with energy as KKR take on the Rajasthan Royals.
They have registered back to back wins in their last three games and they would want to continue their stellar form this time around as well.
Rajasthan Royals made a last minute entry to the playoffs with 14 points to their name.
Even without the likes of Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes, RR defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore and buried RCB to make way into the playoffs.
This time as well, they would look forward to turning the tide in their favour when they take on Kolkata Knight Riders on their home turf.
- KKR is expected to field the same playing combination save Javon Searles, who remains a doubtful starter for this fixture.
- There are no reports of injuries thus far.
Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Chris Lynn, Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav, Nitish Rana, Prasidh Krishna, Javon Searles
- Heinrich Klassen and Ben Laughlin are expected to keep their place intact in the playing XI.
- RR is also expected to field the same playing combination.
Heinrich Klaasen, Sanju Samson, Ajinkya Rahane, Rahul Tripathi, Stuart Binny, D’Arcy Short, Krishnappa Gowtham, Jaydev Unadkat, Jofra Archer, Ish Sodhi, Ben Laughlin
PLAYERS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- Chris Lynn and Dinesh Karthik have scored the most number of runs for the team.
- Sunil Narine has 16 scalps in 14 outings.
- Sanju Samson and Ajinkya Rahane have scored more than 300 runs for the side.
- Jofra Archer has been stellar so far.
Although it would be unfair to underestimate the potentials of Rajasthan Royals, the hosts still walk in as favourites.